Is Shake Bars & Event Planning licensed and insured?

Absolutely! We carry a 2MIL policy, including both general liability and liquor liability. Shake also carries a WA state liquor license, allowing us to provide and sell alcohol for private events in Washington state.

Are Shake’s staff licensed?

Yes, all of our staff members carry a current class 12 permit, allowing them to serve alcohol in the state of WA.

If I hire Shake to supply the alcohol, do I still need to apply for a banquet permit?

No. By law, when hosting a private event, either a banquet license or a liquor license are required, but not both.

Can I sell alcohol at my event?

The state of WA prohibits any party from profiting from the sale of alcohol, unless you carry a liquor license (like us) or are a non-profit and have applied for a Special Occasions Permit through the WA liquor control board.

Is gratuity included?

Gratuity is not included in the hourly rates. We give our clients 3 choices; 1. 20% automatic gratuity on bill, 2. tip jar placed on bar, 3. cash can be given directly to staff (min. 20% of hourly service costs)

How long is required for set-up and clean-up?

Typically, we suggest 60 minutes for set-up and 30 mins for clean-up. Each event is different however, and we will determine this when reviewing your event.

How many bartenders will I need?

Beer & wine only – 1 bartender per 100 guests
Beer, wine & basic cocktails – 1 bartender per 75 guests
Beer, wine & specialty cocktails – 1 bartender per 50 guests